Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Final Action List!

It's true that the course continues next semester, but we're just about done with this one and can take a break.

First, take the three drafts you have and email comments to the original writer by noon on Friday. I want your comments to focus on larger, global concerns. Point out places where you are confused and have questions. Ask the writer lots of questions to get them thinking about where they can take this essay next. Just say things like, "On page two, when you are talking about your mother, it would be great if you could describe her. What color is her hair or her eyes? What's the thing that people always see about her first?" Copy me on the email you send to each writer.

Then, email your final essay to me (in .doc or .rtf format) by noon on Tuesday, December 15. I will not accept any late essays. It is very possible that I will get grading done fast that afternoon and submit final grades, so make sure I have this on time. Feel free to send it early if you get done with it.

Finally, if you have an opinion, please let me know what assignments you would like to complete next semester. I'd like to know your thoughts by December 30 so that I can finish the syllabus in early January. I'm going to a workshop on autobiographical narrative in Puerto Rico the second week of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment